Welcome to the Daddy.Guide’s BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller Review. Just because you have two kids doesn’t mean you have to let go of your adventurous self. 2 kids doesn’t mean ‘DAD-BOD’ or ‘MOM JEANS’! So if you’re an outdoorsy type parent, who enjoys hiking, running or exploring the trails, the Flex Duallie is sweet!
The Flex Duallie is an all-terrain option that is easy to push and jog with. This high performance stroller has just about every feature you’ll need, without going overboard on unnecessary accessories.
It is ideal for parents, like myself, who like to go off road, but not really suited for an urban lifestyle. I wouldn’t recommend it if you have to deal with public transportation or navigating tight spaces on a daily basis, only because of its weight and size.
The Flex Duallie is great for parents with children of different ages or twin toddlers. Newborns can ride in the seats at around 6 months old, (when they can support their own heads) but shouldn’t be taken jogging or on rough roads until they are 8-12 months. Talk to your pediatrician before taking the plunge! The Flex is car-seat compatible but you can only use one infant car seat at a time, so it won’t really work for newborn twins.
Though the price tag is not so friendly, here’s one of those cases where you really DO pay for what you get: A quality, high performance, top of the line stroller. See for yourself!
Daddy 5-Point Review
The Flex Duallie is easy to setup compared to its competition, with no tools required. You should be able to have the stroller assembled (from start to finish) in only a few minutes. The manual is a no-brainer, coming from a guy who is NOT good with assembling stuff. Major upgrade from the previous model is the addition of the quick release change to the rear wheels which makes assembly and storage WAY better!
This stroller’s fabrics are water repellent, so when you come across a messy spill with your little one, you’ll have nothing to worry about. It’s easy to spot clean or wipe down fabric with a wet cloth. Like nothing ever happened! The seat padding is made from quality materials, and portions of the seat and canopy have reflective accents.
BOB offers many color color options: black, canyon (orange), Meadow (green), red, and lagoon (blue).
Ease of opening and Closing
The BOB is easy to fold. It does require both hands and a few steps, but it’s definitely not a deal breaker. You can lock it manually and it doesn’t stand on its own. Carrying it after its been locked can be a pain, only because it’s large and not the most lightweight stroller. But hey, a little workout never killed anybody.
Once folded, it is not very compact and unfortunately it may not fit in a standard trunk with wheels on. (though they can be removed) If you’ve got an SUV, you’re all set, but you may have issues with storage if you own a smaller car.
Unfolding is also simple and you may even be able to do it with one hand, depending on your skills.
This stroller will navigate almost anywhere! Its amazingly large rubber tires are to thank for that. It glides through grass and gravel and makes its way up curbs and stairs easily. So, you don’t have to think about where you’re going!
The Flex has single action brakes, with a long bar that goes across the back of the stroller. It also has a plastic pedal that is easy to set and sandal foot friendly.
It has a good sized handle bar that is easy to grip and hold while jogging and it comes with a safety strap to make sure it doesn’t stroll away from you. You may want to get away from your kids some times, but that’s definitely not the way to do it. 🙂
- Pneumatic rubber tires – The Flex delivers an all-terrain smooth ride. The three-wheel design and pneumatic tires allow the Flex Duallie to take tight corners easily and help with absorption from impact.
- Swivel front wheel – The front swivel wheel on the BOB FLEX Duallie is able to be locked in place offering increased control on uneven terrain.
- Adjustable suspension
- Handlebar with 9 height positions – The BOB handlebar comes with a firm yet comfortable foam making it easy to grip. The handlebar is adjustable on a pivot with 9 different settings ranging from 33.4/49.9 inches from the ground. This accommodates not only taller and shorter parents, but also allows you to change arm positioning when running. Also attached to the handlebar is the safety strap to prevent the stroller from getting away from the person. When walking/running down hill with two 30 lb children in tow and the weight of the stroller at 35 lbs… wear the strap folks!
- Car seat adaptable (One seat at a time) – You can add the car-seat adapter which is a frame style adapter that connects to the BOB frame. The car seat adapter for the 2016 is different from the previous model, so make sure you purchase the proper adapter for the 2016 Flex Duallie ! There’s no assembly required and the canopy can stay in place. Since BOB and Britax merged in 2011 you can use BOB or Britax seats without issues. Some Graco, Chicco and Peg Perego seats will work also.
- Large Storage basket
- Mesh pockets behind seats
- Hand activated rear drum brake
- Water resistant canopies with large peek-a-boo windows – The dual canopies on the BOB are very large, water resistant and move independently of eachother. Each shade has a large peek-a-boo window with hook and loop closures (no velcro!). The window cover rolls up easily and securely fasten so you can check on the little ones. The canopy’s are HUGE. For most passengers it will cover the torso and a portion of the legs. My oldest boy just under 3.5 feet tall and it covers past his knees. The BOB sunshades are easy to operate and you can feel the quality when you open and close them. Like the BOB Revolution Pro sunshade, the outside of the shades has reflective strips woven into the fabric to increase visibility at night.
- 5-point harness easy to adjust – The BOB has (2) 5-point harnesses (1 for each seat) that has adjustable crotch straps and five shoulder height adjustments. The crotch strap is long, which reduces fighting with those straps! The harness is easy to adjust for all 5 points. The clip/unclip is relatively easy and can be done with one hand (nice!) allowing you to text your significant other and have them prepare dinner for your arrival (just kidding, not really). The harness comes with padded shoulder straps for additional comfort.
Where to buy
You can purchase the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller on Amazon for $639.99 in Black, Canyon, and Lagoon!
Thanks for tagging along with us! Continue reading theDaddy.Guide for our latest product reviews and best of luck to all you healthy parents.