Welcome to the Daddy.Guide’s UPPAbaby G-LITE Stroller Review. The brand’s most basic stroller is about as lightweight as it gets. Weighing only about 11 pounds, the G-LITE fits the very practical parent who isn’t searching for all the bells and whistles in a stroller. If you’re looking for a solid, simple and portable stroller (with a cupholder!) the G-LITE is a fine option.
The G-LITE is recommended for babies 6 months and older, primarily because it does not recline. The seat cushion is breathable and machine washable is not padded (which probably factors in to why this guy is so light) and there is no leg rest (which also reduced the weight). Being that the G-Lite is a bit stripped down, if you need a luxury stroller this may not be the right option. If you’re looking for a more upscale version of the G-LITE, check out UPPAbaby’s G-LUXE, offers a lot more features, albeit, with a greater price tag. If you want simple, clean, portable and LIGHT… let’s put the G-LITE through the Daddy 5-Point Review and see if it’s right for you!
Daddy 5-Point Review
Putting this stroller together is not a big deal. It’s best to follow the manual, but it is definitely manageable. No need to have assembling experience but there are directions included.
The G-LITE has a modern and cool appearance. The color options for this stroller are as simple as its sleek and compact look. You can choose from the Deny (red and grey) or the Jake (black and dark grey). The fabric, though simple is very practical. You will never have to worry about the mess your child made because the fabric is stain and water resistant.
Ease of opening and Closing
UPPAbaby promises an easy fold with only the use of your fingers, but I can share that this is a bit of an exaggeration. Like a lot of the other umbrella strollers, you have to get the hang of it to close it quickly. It does stand on its own when folded which is nice and super convenient for every day use. I’m a fit dad, but the constant picking up of kids from strange angels and bending down and to pick things up can take it’s toll on your back. Bottom line is, the standing fold is NICE.
The G-LITE functions well for on the road, every day use. It boasts lockable front wheels, a pretty standard feature in today’s strollers. Some of our dads did share some dissatisfaction with the wheels. The primary complaint was that the stroller can be hard to push on uneven surfaces. Take note of that potential issue, but as long as you primarily stroll on the road, you should be fine as I’ve had no real issues.
- SPF 50+ sunshade – Nice sized canopy for an umbrella stroller. Image below shows off the extended sun visor with the SPF 50+ extension. Lots of sun coverage. No peekaboo window, but weighing in under 11 lbs, they had to trim the fat somewhere 🙂
- Breathable seat – The seat pad is removable and it very easy to clean. The fabric is stain and water resistant and it’s also mesh breathable to help keep the little ones comfortable. The seat is 13.5″ wide and 27″ high from the back of the seat to the top of the canopy. Meant for a 6 month old up to 55 lbs (seat does not recline).
- Cup holder included
- Double handles – It has non-adjustable double handles that are 42″ from the ground. The individual handles make it easy to hang something off of if needed.
- Shoulder strap. Weighing in just under 11 lbs and this thing is easy to throw over your shoulder and go.
- 5 point harness – It has 5 point harness that can be adjusted to 3 different positions.
- Basket – Nice sized basket for an 11 lb umbrella stroller and it’s easy to access with ample space.
- Wheels/Suspension – Four 4.5″ hard rubber double wheels. Front wheels are swivel and can be locked straight for more stability. Also comes with all-wheels suspension to ensure a smoother ride.
- “Easy fold” – Pull the canopy back, pull on two levers located on both sides of the handle bar and fold it forward. Also comes with an automatic lock and stands on its own.
- Stroller weight: 10.7 lbs
- Weight limit: 55 lbs
- Folded dimensions: 11.5”W x 15.5”L x 42”H
- Handle bar height: 42″
- Seat to canopy height: 22″
- Wheels: 4.5″
- Overall length: 32″
- Overall width: 19.5″
Where to buy
You can purchase the UPPAbaby G-LITE on Amazon:
Thank you for taking the time to read our full review on the UPPAbaby G-LITE umbrella stroller. Check out all of our UMBRELLA STROLLER REVIEWS for the best option for you and the family!